Youth Chinese’s Pinyin Course utilizes the “Hanyu Pinyin” textbook published by China’s Jinan University which covers the basics for children who are beginners. We stimulate the children’s five senses during the lessons through music, videos, songs and games. By getting children interested in learning Chinese from an early age, we help them master authentic Chinese pinyin.
Hanzi (Writing) Course
When studying Chinese, being able to write Chinese characters (hanzi) is crucial. With Youth Chinese’s Hanzi Course, students will be able to learn 3,000 characters from the standard set (Xiàndài Hànyǔ Chángyòng Zìbiǎo), and they will be able to see their progress each day. Our instructors will encourage your children while teaching them to read and write. They will be able to learn the different meanings of each of the characters and how to use them.
- This is Youth Chinese’s main course. We use the “Zhongwen” textbook series recommended by China’s Overseas Chinese Affairs Office. There are a total of 12 volumes, each containing 12 lessons each. With the instructor’s guidance and completing all 12 levels, the student will be at HSK4 level. To progress to advanced levels, students should have a firm grasp of the basics.
China’s history spans some 5,000 years and is continually changing. With Youth Chinese’s culture courses, students can learn about traditional Chinese culture, such as calligraphy, ink-wash painting, paper-cutting, tai-chi, and cooking. Children can also learn about social phenomena and other aspects of culture appearing in the Chinese media.
We make sure that children come away with a multi-faceted understanding of China and Chinese culture.
- Mid-autumn festival musical performance
- Mid-autumn festival photo session with Osaka mascot
- Wonderful weekend wearing kimono and enjoying autumn foliage
- Youth Chinese Lunar New Year’s networking event and party
- Parent-child paper-cutting event (父子同心，其利断金)
- Learning about the roots of China-Japan culture at a tea ceremony
Youth Chinese’s summer course is a chance for our young students to experience Chinese language and culture, with over 300 children applying from around the world each year.
In a Chinese language environment, the young students can experience Chinese culture and taste authentic Chinese cuisine.
Here, not only can kids improve their Chinese language, they can make new friends and learn about Chinese culture and about modern China. Undoubtedly, it will be a memorable and wonderful summer for your child.
For more information about summer camp, please contact course advisor Ms./Mr. Kobayashi.
专注 | 愉快 | 温情